Four Decades Of Experience In
Immigration Law

Image of the Statue of Liberty
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » Employment-Based Immigration

Employment Immigration

U.S. Employment Immigration Law

The employment-based immigration laws and procedures are specialized and complex. At the Law Office of Mark Galvin, our attorney offers highly experienced and results driven advocacy and counsel to determine the best approach for each individual employer/employee and individual clients.

Know Your Options. Know Your Rights Under Employment Immigration Law.

Our firm assists employers, including corporations, universities, and research institutions in securing visas for employees. Employers come to our firm as return clients or referrals as we have continued our services for long-time clients, many for nearly 20 years. We are very experienced in L-1 visas (intracompany transfers), H-1B Visas, O-1 Visas, EB-1/EB-2/EB-3 Visas, PERM green card process, temporary work visas, TN/NAFTA visas, E-1/E-2 treaty trader/treaty investor visas, and E-3 Australian professional visas.

Permanent residency visas: Obtaining permanent residency based on employment is normally a three-part process:

First, you must file a PERM/Labor Certification Application with the USDOL. Second, you must file an I-140, EB-2 petition (Professional/Advanced Degree, Extraordinary Ability, NIW/National Interest Waiver) or EB-3 petition (Professional/Bachelor’s Degree and Skilled Workers) with the USCIS. And third, you must apply for an adjustment of status (I-485) with the USCIS.

However, if you qualify for an EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers, and Multinational Executive and Manager Transferees) or EB-2 (NIW) you are able to skip step one and move directly to steps 2 and 3.

The employment-based process is extremely complex and demanding. The Law Office of Mark Galvin has successfully handled hundreds of these cases from start-to-finish and, as a result of our extensive hands-on practical experience, we will make the process requirements understandable and greatly improve your chances to achieve your immigrations goals and objectives.

Temporary employment visas: There are numerous temporary work visa classifications and require an employer or other sponsor (e.g., H, L, E, O, P and TN/NAFTA). Some work visas enable a spouse to obtain a temporary work permit (L and E). For more information about obtaining a temporary work visa and securing employment in the U.S., please feel free to contact our firm directly.

The Law Office of Mark Galvin offers experienced, practical and prompt counsel in business and family immigration matters. Contact the Law Office by e-mail or by calling 401-519-7214 or toll-free 888-859-2138 for services in the United States or abroad.

Our lawyer offers a flat fee structure so that you know what you are paying at the outset without any hidden or undisclosed costs.