Four Decades Of Experience In
Immigration Law

Image of the Statue of Liberty
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » Family-Based Immigration

Family-Based Immigration

Family-Based Immigration Law Attorney

At the Law Office of Mark Galvin, we have over 25 years of experience in family-based immigration law and in bringing spouses and relatives together in obtaining permanent residency, green cards, and adjustment of status.

We Know How Important Your Family Is To You

The United States Government, including Congress, has recognized the importance of maintaining familial bonds and unity through US residency. Foreign nationals and immigrants have preferred status when family members are US citizens or permanent residents (green card holders). We represent those seeking residence in the US, as well as, green card holders and US citizens seeking to sponsor immediate relatives. We can help you or your family with:

I-130 Petitions: Generally, US citizens can sponsor their “immediate relatives” (parents, spouses, and single children under age 21) for permanent residence by filing an I-130 relative petition. If the immediate relative was admitted or paroled into the US, the US citizen and immediate relative file an I-130 relative petition and I-485 Green Card application with the USCIS which includes an application for a work permit.

Generally, US citizens can also sponsor married and/or children over 21 and siblings. US permanent residents can sponsor their spouse and unmarried children (any age). The US citizen or permanent resident sponsor files an I-130 relative petition. The sponsored relative can apply for permanent residence once a visa number becomes available – where the person applies will depend upon their place of residence and/or status in the US.

A US citizen can file an I-130 relative petition for a spouse residing outside the US and, upon receipt of the I-130 by the USCIS, may file an I-129F petition with the USCIS. Upon approval of the I-129F and notice to the US Embassy/Consulate, the spouse can apply for a K-3 visa to enter the US. Upon arrival in the US, the K-3 spouse can file an I-485 permanent residence application. Any children of the K-3 spouse can enter the US with a K-4 visa and also file an I-485 permanent residence application.

US citizens can also seek to sponsor a fiancé(e) residing outside the US via a K-1 visa. This process involves filing an I-129F petition with the USCIS and, upon approval, the fiancé(e) will apply for the K-1 visa at the US Embassy/Consulate where he/she resides. The K-1 visa requires that the US citizen and fiancé(e) be married within 90 days of the fiancé(e) arrival in the US. The fiancé(e) then can apply for a Green Card (I-485) in the US. Minor children of the fiancé(e) are issued K-2 visas and also can apply for a Green Card (I-485).

Permanent Residency: We assist clients in seeking permanent residency or adjustment of status and filing for I-145 green cards, including fiance visas.

U.S. Citizenship: In addition to adjustment of status, we help our clients through the naturalization process to obtain US citizenship.

Experienced Immigration Attorney

The Law Office of Mark Galvin has over 25 years experience and proven track record handling routine and complex family-based immigration cases. Your lawyer will take a comprehensive approach to your case, preparing you with the necessary information you need in order to make informed decisions. You can trust that we will remain focused on your needs and achieve positive results for you and your family.

The Law Office of Mark Galvin offers experienced, practical and prompt counsel in business and family immigration matters. Contact the Law Office by e-mail or by calling 401-519-7214 or toll-free 888-859-2138 for services in the United States or abroad.

We offer a flat fee structure so that you know what you are paying at the outset without any hidden or undisclosed costs. SE HABLA ESPANOL.