Four Decades Of Experience In
Immigration Law

Image of the Statue of Liberty
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » H-1B Visa

H-1B Visa

Professionals And Bachelors / Advanced Degree H-1B Visas

U.S. employers can utilize the H-1B visa program to hire foreign workers for jobs that require theoretical or technical expertise in a specialized field and a bachelor’s degree (or above) or its equivalent. At the Law Office of Mark Galvin, we offer experienced advocacy and dedicated service to help both employer and employees to secure work visas for qualified professionals.

H-1B Visas For Professionals

Typical H-1B occupations include:

  • Architects/Designers
  • Engineers
  • IT/Computer professionals
  • Accountants
  • Doctors
  • Professors/Teachers
  • Hospitality professionals
  • Social Service professionals
  • Scientists/Researchers

Taking The Right Steps Towards Qualification

Whether you want to hire a qualifying employee or you are an employee seeking an H-1B visa, it is important to follow the right steps. We will provide you with the information you need and guide you throughout the entire process, from an initial interview, collection of documentation, filing, and follow-up action that may be necessary.

In order to qualify:

  • Your employer must make an offer for a professional position, including proposed salary or wages.
  • Any employment you are offered must qualify as a specialty occupation.
  • You must hold at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the US or your home country.
  • You must also obtain a labor condition application from the US Department of Labor.
  • H-1B category must be available.

Currently, there is a 65,000 annual Cap and an additional 20,000 Cap for Master’s degree holders from U.S. institutions. Exempt employers are higher education institutions and related/affiliated nonprofits, and nonprofit and government research organizations.

From your initial case evaluation, attorney Mark Galvin will remain dedicated and supportive in guiding you through the process. We will provide you with the information you need, educate you on any options and alternatives that you may have, and see you through the entire process.

The Law Office of Mark Galvin offers experienced, practical and prompt counsel in business and family immigration matters. Contact the Law Office by e-mail or by calling 401-519-7214 or toll-free 888-859-2138 for services in the United States or abroad.

Our lawyer offers a flat fee structure so that you know what you are paying at the outset without any hidden or undisclosed costs.