Four Decades Of Experience In
Immigration Law

Image of the Statue of Liberty
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » Temporary Work Visas

Temporary Work Visas

Temporary Work Visas: H-1B, L-1, E-1/E-2, TN, O’s, P’s, E-3’s

Temporary work visas (or non-immigrant visas) permit professionals or skilled workers to work in the United States. Normally, an employer sponsor is necessary to obtain a temporary work visa. At the Law Office of Mark Galvin, our lawyer has over 25 years of experience in helping clients obtain the full range of temporary work visas available.

We have an impressive and substantial track record securing temporary work visas for our clients. Our attorney works closely with the USCIS Regional Services Centers and US Embassies/Consulates abroad. We understand that employers must be able to hire the best qualified personnel. Therefore, it is important that you work with an experienced law firm that has a successful track record and expertise handling temporary work visas which, depending upon the situation, can be comparatively routine or complex.

Temporary Work Visas

The Law Office of Mark Galvin provides expert counsel and assistance with all temporary work-based visas, including:

  • H-1B visa: Requires at least a Bachelor’s degree and employment in professional-level position (6 year maximum which can be extended in certain situations)
  • L-1 visa: Allows companies operating both in the US and abroad to transfer executive/managerial (L-1A) and specialized knowledge employees (L-1B) from overseas (7 years maximum for L-1A and 5 years maximum for L-1B) – spouses can obtain work permit in US
  • E-1/E-2 visas: Treaty trader/investor (company or individual) from countries with which US has a commerce treaty to direct investment or work in executive, managerial, supervisory or specialist capacity (visa issued for maximum 5 years and renewable indefinitely) – spouses can obtain work permit in US


  • E-3 visa: For Australians only and requires at least a Bachelor’s degree and employment in professional-level position (visa issued for maximum 3 years and renewable indefinitely)


  • O-1 visa: For individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business and athletics (3 year maximum and renewable)
  • P-1 visa: Allows athletes/athletic teams and entertainment groups with international recognition to enter and compete/perform in events in the US (Admitted for competition/performance up to 5 years)
  • R-1 visa: For individuals who wish to come to the U.S. solely as a minister or to perform a religious vocation or occupation (5 year maximum)
  • TN visa: Allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, with at least Bachelor’s degree or credentials/license demonstrating professional status, to work under NAFTA in designated professions in the US (3 year maximum and renewable indefinitely)
  • J-1 visa: Allows visitors (e.g. scholars, researchers, bona fide trainee, college or university student, foreign physician or intern, au pair) to enter the U.S. for educational, training and cultural exchange programs (period of admission depends upon category)
  • H-2 Visas: Allows temporary employment of agricultural workers (H-2A) and other temporary workers (H-2B) (Admitted for time requested up to 1 year)

At the Law Office of Mark Galvin, we will take the time to listen to your specific interests and explore your options. We will guide you through the process and help you avoid potential problems.

The Law Office of Mark Galvin offers experienced, practical and prompt counsel in business and family immigration matters. Contact the Law Office by e-mail or by calling 401-519-7214 or toll-free 888-859-2138 for services in the United States or abroad.

We offer a flat fee structure so that you know what you are paying at the outset without any hidden or undisclosed costs.