EB-1B – Outstanding Researcher/Professor
The EB-1B Outstanding Researcher/Professor category has the following features:
- It requires employer sponsorship
- It does not require a PERM/Labor Certification Application
- There are no backlogs in the EB-1B category (except occasionally for India and PR China born applicants) and, therefore, EB-1B/I-140 petition can be concurrently filed with the I-485 Adjustment Application
- It is especially beneficial to India and PR China born applicants who face long delays in the EB-2 category
An EB-1B/I-140 (Outstanding Researcher/Professor) petition requires evidence that the researcher/professor is recognized internationally as outstanding in a specific academic area. This evidence must consist of at least two of the following:
- Documentation of the alien’s receipt of major international prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field;
- Documentation of the alien’s membership in associations in the academic field which require outstanding achievements of their members;
- Published material in professional publications written about the alien’s work in the field;
- Evidence of the alien’s participation, either individually or on a panel, as the judge of the work of others in the same or allied field of specialization;
- Evidence of the alien’s original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field; or
- Evidence of the alien’s authorship of scholarly books or articles in scholarly journals with an international circulation.
The EB-1B/Outstanding Researcher/Professor petition must also demonstrate that:
- The applicant has at least three years of experience in teaching and/or research in the academic field – pre-doctoral research experience may be substituted depending upon the level of complexity and achievement; and
- An offer of a tenured or tenure-track teaching or research position with a qualifying United States education or research institution (employs at least 3 full-time researchers with documented accomplishments in the research (field).
The successful EB-1B petition will normally include the following proof:
- Service as a Referee/Peer-Reviewer for an international journal(s)
- Expert opinion letters from other scholars confirming that the applicant has made original, significant and practical contributions to the academic field
- The applicant’s research is frequently cited as authoritative in other international journals – this can be determined from search results from websites likes ISI, Google Scholar and SciFinder
- Peer-reviewed articles in international journals
- Peer-reviewed presentations at academic conferences
The Law Office of Mark Galvin has substantial experience and excellent track record with EB-1B/I-140 Outstanding Researcher and Professor petitions. We will provide you with sample Expert Opinion letters and confirmation of Referee/Peer-Reviewer service with international journals including the selection criteria.
Contact the Law Office by e-mail or by calling 401-519-7214 or toll-free 888-859-2138 for services in the United States or abroad. We offer a flat fee structure so that you know what you are paying at the outset without any hidden or undisclosed costs.